[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - HD Freesco install

HD Freesco install

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Re: HD Freesco install

Postby Speedy Lan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:39 am

Hi all,

I just got freesco working on a VirtualBox VM. :)
After a few failures, I was able to connect the virtual freesco to the outside world and download the EXT2-install package.
The reasons why I could not connect from the start were, I think, the following:
I had made an image from the floppy that has the same settings as my real running freesco box, and because of that, the internal networks on the virtual freesco were the same as on my real network.
Therefore it could not connect to outside and also not to my real local network. (Is this correct thinking? )

After that I tried to set the VirtualBox first NIC to be setup as Bridged, but that too, did not do the trick, and then I went back to set it up as NAT and changed the virtual local networks to ranges different from my real local network.
And lo and behold! I could reach the package-repository and download the EXT2-0.4.3-lewis.pkg and after that run it and setup my virtual disk for the virtual freesco to be installed on.
So, I am happy now :)
A little step forward in my understanding and testing of freesco.

One little question I have and that is why is there a EXT2-0.4.4-lewis.pkg already on the packages server?
Are we expecting a new new update to 0.4.4 soon, perhaps? :)

Some info's on my current setup:
Freesco 0.4.3 running on a old PC
W7-64 running VirtualBox 4.0.1r-73009
VirtualBox running freesco 0.4.3 setup as a linux 2.2 and with a 2GB HD and a floppy
first Virtual NIC is NAT, the 2nd and 3rd are Internal
The virtual internal networks are on a different range as my real local network.
Low lag, High bandwidth 8-)
Speedy Lan

Postby Lightning » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:39 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Speedy Lan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:08 am

Speedy Lan

Postby Lightning » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:26 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby justdave » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Gosh, you sure have been busy.
justdave
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Speedy Lan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:06 am

What a list!

Perhaps I should post this as a new topic.
which I did here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17542
Speedy Lan

Previous

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x