Need help by installing Freesco 4.5

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Re: Need help by installing Freesco 4.5

Postby lotus123r5 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:06 am

ps: bios settings of the computer i allready make default. i disabled and enabled the internal network card on the mainbord, but both give the same errors on freesco that network cards are not found.
there is a cd-rom included with linux drivers [Linux-2.4.x & Linux-2.6.x]. Total contents of the linux driver directory: "O:\TG-3269\Drivers\Linux-2.4.x & Linux-2.6.x" = 70kb
maybe can upload the dir. contents somewhere...?.. :wink:
lotus123r5

Postby lotus123r5 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:31 am

if i put pci intel network cards 10/100 in the system, i get the same error that the network cards are not found.
move2hd dont work too, cause the harddrive nog found (same error)
I found 2 floppy's from 0.38, 1 floppy with Freesco 0.38 and 1 floppy named: "drivers NIC 3c905x" with those files: 3c90x.gz, autoexec.bat, config.sys
do i have to copy some NIC drivers to the floppy?.....
lotus123r5

other (medion) computer to check

Postby lotus123r5 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:11 am

Hello Lewis,
i take antoher computer i have (medion). i put the gb network cards inside.
the harddisk i have is not found, but the network cards are found. :D
i format the full harddisk (80GB) again. with Gparted if delete the entire harddisk and formatted the harddisk with FAT32.
put a bootable Win95 disk followed by the command: [format c: /s]
installed xp on fat32 to make sure it has to work.
still msg that the harddisk cannot be found or partition not good..
this computer has

medion.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lotus123r5

Postby Lightning » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:18 pm

In your case there is a fundamental issue on this PC. In your BIOS you need to set it to "PnP OS = No" and I suspect there will be a lot fewer problems. The reason I know this is because regardless of a driver or not the /proc/pci will show everything that has an IRQ on the PCI bus and that is how I would have figured out the ID number of the network card and when the BIOS is set to PnP it does not give IRQ's to the devices.

With regards to the hard drive, load the ext2 package and see if it can be cfdisk'ed and formated as ext2. I suspect there is something else going on with the location of the drive and where the system is looking for it. However the "PnP OS = No" may also solve this issue. But I would still recommend formatting it as ext2 as there are a lot of other advantages.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Previous

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x