DDNS: "Unable to establish SSL connection"

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Re: DDNS: "Unable to establish SSL connection"

Postby Island » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:17 am

(Apologies for the radio silence; there's been a flurry of activity on other, unrelated, issues, these last few days.)

Lightning wrote:There is no problems from me regarding time relative to the number of people who might use it or patience. So with that in mind I will do some more checking of various versions and see what can be done. For certain a newer version of openssl will not compile, but if I have some time this weekend or next week I will take a look at another version of wget and/or possibly just patching a specific section of code with a newer version.

Lewis, that would be an interesting possibility, then, if you did have any chance to look at it. To be honest, I am not sure whether the problem is in openssl not negotiating TLSv1.1, or in the call from wget not being "clear enough" in asking for TLSv1.1.

Do you have a source for openssl 0.9.7 and can you see from that what the calling parameters "ought to be" from wget (or from anything else) to request a TLSv1.1 handshake?

We're ok, at the moment; as I said, I've left that sub-domain offline, as it were. I'll keep an eye out for any news,

regards, Island
Island
Junior Advanced Member

Previous

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x