"Daisy Chain" SSH ???

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

"Daisy Chain" SSH ???

Postby bob selby » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:52 am

Hi,

I currently SSH into my box via the internet using a certificate to access (with WinSCP) a mounted second disk used as a file store.

I would now like to be able to connect to a machine on the internal network with WinSCP.

I have seen some mention on the web about chaining SSH to allow this.

Is this possible with 040 ??

If so, any tips would be welcome :-)

Bob
bob selby
Advanced Member

Re: "Daisy Chain" SSH ???

Postby Lightning » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:01 am

Using PuTTy and your certificate you can use the "SSH"->"Tunnels" port forwarding option to allow basically local access to your internal network.

The key is that once you open the SSH connection to your FREESCO box with PuTTY, just minimize it and then you will be able to just use the port you have forwarded using "localhost" as the IP address and it will be able to connect to the remote machine inside your remote network. Just be sure to configure the port forwarding with the internal IP of the machine you want to connect to and what ever port/ports you need.

I think this should be possible using the SSH server in 0.4.0, but I truly do not remember what options Dropbear was configured with in that version of FREESCO. I know it works in later versions.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Re: "Daisy Chain" SSH ???

Postby bob selby » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:08 am

Thanks - got it all working now :-)
Bob
bob selby
Advanced Member

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x