Netmon, Display more entries

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Netmon, Display more entries

Postby auda » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm using 0.4.4 and have 14 entries in /etc/netmon.cfg however only 9 are displayed is it possible to display more like a full screen ?
The other thing that would be nice is names rather than IP addresses.
Thanks
Oscar
auda

Re: Netmon, Display more entries

Postby Lightning » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Because of the complexity of the netmon binary adding names is beyond my capability and it also is not completely practical as names can become so long they could take up most of the screen on occasion. However the number of IP's displayed was an over-site on my part and I now have it repaired and it will be included in 045.
Which I would just give you the new binary, but it requires both the new binary and the script version changed as well to accomplish it and 045 is coming soon.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby auda » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Thanks I'll wait for version 0.4.5

Auda
auda

Postby Lightning » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:57 pm

F.Y.I the full information is stored in the /var/netmon.log file and it is also visible from the control panel. The problem in the binary only effects the screen display. Even in the new binary it is only capable of displaying somewhere around 17 IP addresses. However the file form of the information is almost unlimited. The file form is updated approximately every 10 seconds, so it is reasonably up to date at all times.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x