Listing IP chains

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x

Listing IP chains

Postby syscon456 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:01 am

How do I list IP chains in freesco?

I have a problem with VPN and getting help on some other forum but they want me to provide them with "IP chains" listing in order to eliminate all possibilities that might be causing the problem.
syscon456

Re: Listing IP chains

Postby Lightning » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:27 pm

FREESCO does not use IP chains, it uses ipfwadm. Secondly if you are using the 03x series then you need a custom kernel to get VPN working through it most likely. The 04x series comes with a 'IPSEC' VPN enabled kernel by default.

As for listing the ipfwadm rules, go to the 'web control panel' and use the 'Network' button. You can copy and paste the necessary sections.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby syscon456 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:25 pm

I'm using FREESCO v0.3.8
VPN is working OK. Though, computers behind firewall are clients (not servers)
I can connect to server on the other subnet just fine but trying to ping internal IP's on each end is not working very smooth.
syscon456

Postby Lightning » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm

but trying to ping internal IP's on each end is not working very smooth.
That can be caused from the client VPN setup. In the advanced TCP/IP settings with regards to the default gateway on the remote network. However depending on whether you are using IPSEC or not could also be an issue if the FREESCO kernel doesn't support it for multiple clients like the 04x series does by default.
It might be worth while just to generate an 04x floppy and see if it solves the problem.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.3.x