Forum move

New versions, modules, add-ons, etc., will be posted here.

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:18 pm

<font color='#000000'>Hello all,

Well any one who has been around the forum lately has heard about the "attacks", it seems I have finally got the server setup to a comfortable state. ?Now that I am satisfied, I will be migrating to PHP.

There will be a few changes, but I will try and make them as easy as possible. ? All accounts will still work and all current information will be transfered. ?My hope is to make this as seemless as possible, with some things taken into account. ?One of them being that all attachments will be lost (at least the links), the files will still be there yet though. ?For currently used files, please re-upload the attachments. ?Second, all avatars will be lost (link wise), we will be starting over from scratch there.

More update information as I gather the results.

Expect the forum to be down for roughly a day or 2, while I go through and convert the database (a very long process, hours and hours, a very large database) and then check to make sure everything is working as it should.

Howler</font>

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:21 am

<font color='#000000'>Forums closing shortly</font>

Postby Howler » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:04 pm

Ok,

As you all can see, the new forum is PHP and running faster.

There WILL be some problems found here and there, please let me know in the FORUMS SPECIFIC section.

I guess I was a bad boy some where ;) for some reason my posts were all made my an unregistered user ;) Oh, well .... Hopefully no one else will have the same problem.

Howler
Howler

Postby Howler » Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:18 am

ADDED note.

I have turned on "email verification" for the new registants. Since I seem to be getting so many returned emails, this 'should' reduce it some, hopefully.

Howler
Howler

Postby Howler » Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:54 pm

Ok, there seems to have been an issue during the conversion (nothing major, fixed now), but there is an issue when some users login and their password is not accepted. I have *fixed* the issue but there may be a few users out there still having a problem. If you are one of them, please let me know and I will have a look at it.

Howler
Howler

Postby Howler » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:12 pm

Well Ithink I got lucky and got the database back. If there are ANY problems 'out of the ordinary' , I will drop this database and use a clean version.

Howler
Howler

Postby Howler » Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:28 pm

OK, I am nervous, no posts yet and a few members have been logged in.

Will have to be patient.

Howler
Howler

Return to FREESCO Announcements