Forum down

New versions, modules, add-ons, etc., will be posted here.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:37 am

<font color='#000000'>I appologize, the SQL switch did not work.  Any posts made were saved, but lost at the moment.  I will be working on this and will be switching as soon as it works (without problems)

Howler</font>

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:30 pm

<font color='#000000'>I want to stress again, I am very sorry for the down time. ?I am still not sure exactly what happened yet, but have got the old database running again.

It ended up being a 3AM morning (for me) so I had to call it a night. ?I left the forum in the very capable hands of Lightning (thank you again Lightning) ?He was able to go to the setup and open the forum again.

I am sorry, but the accounts and posts that were made on the SQL database are not available here. ?To keep things easy, I will try and use that database again, if I can get this figured out quickly, meaning what is posted here, now, will not be on the other one. ?If I can not get it figured out shortly then that information will be gone and I will use the information here for the new SQL database.

Again accept my sincere appology for the errors with the forum over the last 18 hours. ?Things will be fixed and I will make sure things are tested VERY COMPLETELY before it is changed again. ?Unfortunetly that will mean that the forum will be down for a longer amount of time, so no new posts are made, then I can do a large amount of testing and make sure.

Howler</font>

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:01 pm

<font color='#000000'>As another note, if there were any posts made that
SHOULD BE SEEN ASAP / MUST BE SHOWN / etc... etc...
Please repost them.

If the SQL is re-used (which I am doubting right at this point) it will be there safe and sound, if the SQL is not re-used, then it will be here and will be added to the SQL when I back this up.

Howler

Again sorry for any problems. :( :cry: :( :cry: :(</font>

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:18 pm

<font color='#000000'>Hello all,

Well the SQL database (that was used) will not be re-used.  All posts or additions to the that SQL database are lost.  This forum information will be used for the new SQL database when it is ready.

Later,
Howler</font>

Postby Sly » Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:49 pm

<font color='#000000'>If you need any help with this please ask as there is an issue between the SQL schema and older/certain versions of mySQL that can cause problems. Or if you need any info about the exact method that should be used to switch that can be easily sorted out too.

Regards</font>
Sly

Return to FREESCO Announcements