Welcome Back

New versions, modules, add-ons, etc., will be posted here.

Postby Administrator » Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:23 pm

<font color='#000000'>Hello amd welcome to the new upgraded FREESCO forums.

Later,
Howler</font>
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:25 pm

<font color='#000000'>Hello again ;)

If you notice any thing that is wrong in the forum (compraed to the old version) let me know soI can take care of it right away.  Please PM me here.  I will use this account for a while, until I am sure that all is working without a problem.

Later,
Howler</font>
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:08 am

<font color='#000000'>Hello,

One thing has been noticed, the 'Signature' code has changed for links.  It no longer used HTTP codes, but iBCodes.  If you use and links or HTTP in your signature, please modify.

Thanks,
Howler</font>
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:48 am

Another issue that has been seen, is a time offset. ?The old board was really messed up on the time, at times ;) ?Since this server is very close to me, I can make sure the time is a little closer. ?The server and board times are set correctly and shows correctly. ?If the times seem to be off, make sure you check the time settings for your profile, accessed by the link "My Control Panel" near the top of the page.

Later,

ADDED

Well I really had to check the forum time.  It was off by 12 hours :(  Some how set it the wrong way.  Sorry all.</font>

<!--EDIT|Administrator|1026742391-->
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:10 pm

<font color='#000000'>Ok,  there are some tweaks that need to be made yet.  Please keep letting me know about them and I will keep fixing them as I can.

An issue with the session length has been fixed.

There are a couple report of cookie problems.  I will look into the cookies a little later.  Just as a thought, it might not be a bad idea to delete the cookies from this board (via link on the bottom of the main page, then close and re-open the browser)  Since this forum is setup slightly different than the last one, the cookie information or whatever may have changed.  I will find out more on that.

It has also been mentioned that the links to the old forum posts do not work any more.  " IF " you recall making a post with a link to another forum post, please, if possible, edit the post and correct the link, just to keep things correct.  I will also be looking into this issue.

Thanks,
Howler</font>
Administrator

Postby BigHomeNet2 » Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:58 pm

<font color='#000000'>Looking good. ?How about a spell check? :)

BHNet</font>
It's 1am. Do you know where your packets are?<br><a href='http://www.4096k.net/BHNet' target='_blank'>Freesco Firewall for Paranoid People</a>
BigHomeNet2

Postby Administrator » Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:27 pm

<font color='#000000'>My appology to the last 30 or so registrants on this forum.  For some strange reason to me, the default member goup was "Guest" not "Members" which was the reason you were most likely experiencing problems.  Again I appolgize and hope things will work better for you know.

Again if there are any problems and you can not let me know on the forum here, either this Administrator account or my personal account (Howler) then let me know via email.

Later,
Howler</font>
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:00 pm

Me again :;):

There was a problem with the emoticons. ?Since this is a total clean install of iKONbOARD, it did not have the same emoticons as the last. ?So I have added them to this forum. ?I am hopeing that they will work correctly, but I can do no more than add them. ?I "will not" go through and modify old posts that have incorrect links. ?We will have to deal with a few minor errors with them :(

I am also looking into adding/modifing the mime type " .gz ", but it is already list as gzip,tar,zip and I think a few others, I will keep working on this.

As a note to all. ?After tonight I will not be here, hardly at all, over the next 3 days. ?I am going to take a well deserved break after moving my site and this forum. ?I will be without a PC for a day or two, and may check in the other day, but not sure.

Later,
Howler

UPDATE :

The   .gz  extension problem has been taken care of and now they upload without errors :)</font>

<!--EDIT|Administrator|1027036562-->
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:18 pm

<font color='#000000'>Another issue I am working on, will be working on.

There seems to be a problem with sending some emails.  I will look into this some more when I get the time.

Later</font>
Administrator

Postby Bennoius M » Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:12 am

<font color='#000000'>I am probably at the wrong place but i have some problems with my freesco server.. it runs, but there are certain webpages that will not open due to some reason.. is there anyone who had similar problems or who knows where is can find some report ???</font>
Bennoius M

Return to FREESCO Announcements