FREESCO v0.3.3

New versions, modules, add-ons, etc., will be posted here.

Postby Lightning » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:21 am

There is a problem in the current 2.0.40 kernel that causes connection loss with PPPoE users as well as PPtP user. The temporary solution is to install the 2.0.39 kernel that came with 032 as well as the network card modules and system modules. This patch replaces the builtin modules as well as the kernel to what was released in 032 and if you need extra modules to support other cards downloading and installing modules from Modules-03x.zip will be required as well as removal of any existing modules that you have installed. If a third party kernel is needed you can install any 032 kernel you need after the patch is complete. Unfortunately this patch is intended for hard drive users ONLY. You can install this patch with
Code: Select all
pkg  -i  http://www.freesco.net/patches/patches-033-1
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Lightning » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:12 pm

Posted by Burma
I think there is a little bug in /rc/rc_mon :
My FREESCO box is used to share an internet ADSL connection, so I use PPPoE, and when I start rc_mon, it monitors eth0 interface instead of ppp0. So I've had a look at the /rc/rc_mon script and I noticed that the test
if [ "$ROUTER" = ethernet -a "$USEPPPOE0" != y ]; then

seems to be wrong because the $USEPPPOE0 variable does not exists in /etc/system.cfg and /etc/live.cfg. So i've replaced it by this
if [ "$ROUTER" = ethernet -a "$USEPPP0" != y ]; then

because $USEPPP0 is a known variable and then it monitors the ppp0 interface.

This repair ONLY aplies to ethernet PPP users who want to enable the keyboard monitor.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Announcements